Monday, January 19, 2009

Coffee and Rain...hmmm

Coming to Paris I imagined that it would rain- all the time. Though it is always cloudy- it hardly rains. Today it is raining for a longer than 5 minutes. This makes me very happy. At this moment I am listening to the continual patter of rain against my office window. I only wish I had a window wiper to allow me to watch the down pour.

At 4:00 everyday I get a cold and go to the kitchen and make a cup of instant decaf coffee to warm me up. But a moment ago while making my coffee it warmed me up inside; knowing that people at home were doing the exact same thing! If I were at home right now I would be getting ready to wake up and take the left over coffee from my mom's pot or head to starbucks before work. If either of those didn't work out, I would wait for 9:00 am to come around and walk to the breakroom with Brigitte and get a cup of joe there. So today I am warming up, while each of you wake up!

Good morning! Rise and Shine!
This cups for you.

2 comments:

Shane said...

I'll have a cup of joe with you! Now when I have my coffee in the am I'll think of you having your afternoon cup & I'll smile.
Love & miss you - mom

nikirae18 said...

You are so cute friend! I miss you so much! I am smiling right now just thinking about all of your crazy fun adventures to come in the city of lights and love :)

ps..this blog is GREAT! I feel so much more in the loop now!