Saturday, January 24, 2009

Today was my first day driving in France!

Driving in Paris is quite an experience. It only took one minute on the road when I first arrived that they drive very differently than we do back in San Diego. However, it wasn't until tonight while having dinner with a couple I met last week from Germany that it was officially confirmed for me how different it truly is.
Philip and his wife Alex were in California two weeks ago in LA and this was Philip's statement about driving in the wonderful state of California, where we are all widely known for our great driving. "I love driving in the states, everyone is so nice, there is no rush, and you can just drive and be free." I literally almost dropped my fork onto my plate as the words were coming out of his mouth.
Sad but true. Compared to driving in France- L.A is a great place to drive.

3 comments:

Emily Catherine said...

haha, wow. that definitely doesn't make me feel too bad knowing I won't have a car while over there, I'll stick with the trains.

~ Emily

Katie said...

Yes! that is the way to go and the trains are so easy and fun.
Do you know what day you arrive yet?

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I'm so stoked I found your blog. Yay. I can't wait to follow you through this adventure. And I can't believe you are actually driving in Europe. A death wish for sure.