Tuesday, September 21, 2010

5

Today I picked 5 people up from the airport. I picked up 5 people who are starting out on their own French adventure. 5 people who will get to grown and learn more about themselves, France, and life then they ever imagined.

I have known these five people would be joining my office for some time now. I have been excited for their arrival, for the most part because they are close to my age. However, today, a new excitement overcame me. One that makes me feel alive and a part of the French life. Today I was given the gift to give back all that has been given to me.

I was able to drive them around, get them settled into a temporary place to stay, walk them around like zombies when all they would want to do is sleep or cry. I was able to give direction to the directionless, and know that one day, sooner than they expect… they will be able to do this all on their own. I got to make them a meal and send them off to bed. And I got to dream, to dream about all that will come about for them in this next year.

I am excited for 5 new people. And the 5 new influences on my time here, learning, living, and loving in France.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's so cool. I remember walking around like a zombie and just wanting to sleep. Having a meal cooked for me. And then dreaming that I was in France!!! And waking up in France. The BEST ever. Thanks for being you!!!
xoxoxo