Friday, September 17, 2010

Goodbye and Hello

The day before leaving I had the most incredible day, Filled with sunshine and a nice bike ride down The Pacific with a good friend. While cruising down the strand, all I could think was that life couldn’t get any better than that moment. The sky was a bright blue, with scattered puffy blue clouds, sounds of the ocean crashing played in the back ground, while my bike bell jingled and greeted those we passed by. While wearing a fun causual summer sundress, the smell of SPF lingered on my skin leaving the perfect scent of summer. The wind was blowing in my hair and left me feeling free from everything except my cherry red beach cruiser. It was perfection.

Flashforward to the next day when I landed in Paris. All the wonderful people at home imagine me in the center of the beautiful city, the Eiffle tower sparkling bright, and who could forget Notre Dame! (I mean, of course you see these out of the window of the plane when you land 40 minutes out of the city.) So imagine to my suprise when I landed and the first thing I see out the plane window is... a down pour of rain. I suppose it's time to trade in those flip flops for my parapluie (umbrella).

Good bye summer tan- Hello frizzy hair!

1 comment:

ashly said...

my dress that you wore also smells of sunscreen. i wore it yesterday, and i smiled because i knew you were the last to wear it. miss you friend!