Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have had to take A LOT of personality tests lately. No… I am not crazy. (Well not diagnosed as crazy anyways.) Rather, for the sake of team building purposes, I have had to take a wide variety of tests, to narrow down me as a person. What are my strengths and weaknesses , what do I like, what don’t I like, what’s my ideal career, do I laugh one someone one falls, and a whole array of questions and assessments- analyzing who I am.

Well, after a final breakdown of the last flood of personality examinations I have found my ideal career. The only problem is… I retired from this career when I was 15. Can you go back in time and repeat? Or was my career between the ages of 10-15 and the rest of my life is mere survival with no opportunity to use who I am? Oh the tragedy and turmoil when I wrestle with this as being over my career prime.
What is my perfect profession that I have so mistakenly let pass me by???

CHEERLEADER!!!!!




All of the tests have said the same things over and over again. Surprise Surprise. I am after all, the same person taking the tests. But according to “Strength Finders,” my top five strengths have me perfectly built to be a Professional Cheerleading Captain to be exact.

1. Arranger- It takes one mighty skilled cheerleader to arrange the dance and cheer choreography. To perfectly match the heights and strengths of stunt partners. And more importantly on what syllable are you to stomp and shake it, or hit a “high V” rather than a fist pump. This is not something that comes naturally. Well… unless you are an arranger like me. Then you don’t get overwhelemed with having line transformations in the middle of a chant. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

2. Positivity: Is this not the epitome of what a “CHEERleader” is for? To pump pump pump it up! When the crowd is feeling down and blue about the score board. We shout out, “That’s okay, That’s alright, come on Team, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!” WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

3. Woo: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Spirit Fingers! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

4. Includer: The job of a cheerleader is to not just pump up the team and keep them going, we are the spirit behind the lines, to keeping the players motivated. However, it is also our responsibility to pull the crowd into the game. Getting the crowd active, in the fight to win. Chants of Offense and Defense and team names, are what get the team motivated, and in it to win it. It takes the cheerleaders invitation to get the crowds participation. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5. Activator: If it weren’t for an activator on a cheer squad all you would have is a bunch of tight high pony tails in mini skirts, lined up in a pyramid formation, for no good reason, other than looking good. Thanks to the Cheer Captain or “activator” they ensure more happens than standing straight with fists on their hips. They shout, “READY?” for the rest of the squad to respond, “OKAY!” and thus the cheer of appropriate need will commence. WOOOOOOOOO WOOOOO!

If only I had known then, that I was in my perfect job fit, I never would have stopped. I suppose, I now know, what I will need to do when I return home. It’s time for me to start stretching and practicing my high kicks, so I am prepared to audition next spring for the Charger girls!

After all, I only want to work out of the way I was created and out of my strengths.


*Disclaimer- it is not appropriate as a cheerleader to WOOOOOOOOOO. It is rather encouraged to use words than sounds when pumping up the crowd and team

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
mom :)

ashly said...

does this mean I get to go to games for free???

Unknown said...

Ok, ok... wait a min... I think the part that said "do you laugh when ppl get hur?" That should have been in your mom's test. hehehe. You are our family CHEERLEADER!!!! xoxoxo