Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm getting up there

When flying I have many interesting and now so interesting conversations with the people I sit next to on planes. I just love free unsolicited advice from strangers. Don’t you?

To preface names given to my character names are chosen from what they bought from the on board duty free shop. Seriously… who buys from the on board duty free shop?

Mrs. Prada bag- We are headed back from watching our son’s championship fencing tournament.

Me- That's cool...

Mr. Armani glasses- Are you traveling alone?

Me- Yes. I am returning from a work trip.

Mr. Armani glasses- Oh well, you must be single then. With a look of concern.

Me- well… yes as in fact I am. But that’s okay.

Mr. Armani glasses- Well, don’t wait to long, you for a woman you only have a small window of opportunity- you have one or two years left, tops.

Me- uh, thanks. I am not worried, I just turned 25. I. Am. Okay.

Mr. Armani Glasses- Oh, I thought you were 33.

Me- nope. Just 25.

Mrs. Prada bag- Oh honey, that is not kind. That is not a compliment for a woman.

Mr. Armani Glasses (to wife)- I am just trying to help the girl.

Mrs. Prada bag- well, still- It’s not polite.

Mr. Armani Glasses (back to me)- Well it’s good that you are 25 and still young. But still, the sooner the better. 27. Maybe 28 tops.

Me- Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Only one hour till we land. Joy.



This is a promp for MamaKat's worshop- want to read more, go here.

9 comments:

Brigitte said...

ahh hahahhaha what an idiot! What man in his right mind #1 - guesses a woman's age, and #2 - continues to say she need not be single for longer than she is! What a jerk hahahhaa ooooh man

I love you :)

nikirae18 said...

oh friend! LOL

Loni said...

Stopping by from Mama Kat, seriously so funny. I love unsolicitied advice.. you know... for the comic relief it brings. Great post!

KMServino said...

Ha that's awful!

Jody said...

GEEZ some people are just plain rude aren't they!

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

Oh my gosh. I would have slapped the man. What nerve and lack of social tact, he must have grown up in a barn. I've encouraged my kids to not marry until they are at minimum 27. That way they will know themselves and know what they want from a relationship. You are young and single. Enjoy it!!!!!!

Miss Angie said...

Holy cow! That's crazy! Crazy old married people with their bad advice! Take it at your own pace, because I think it's better to be happy and single than crazy/miserable and married.

Cute blog! I think I'll follow you!

Carolina said...

I have been happily married twice. Well, the first time, I wasn't happy toward the end, but we were happy for most of the marriage and still remained friends afterward. I admit every time I have been an adult & single, I've seen the advantages of being married. And when I've been married, I've seen the advantages of being single. The fact is that you learn things about yourself when single that you don't learn when married, and things when married you can't learn when single. So---do what is best for you at the time ---and don't rush into something just because you're getting older. (Gee, by 27 you may be ready for a nursing home, huh?) Have a good time and forget Mr. Armani. He's a jerk.

My response to Mama Kat's writing workshp is HERE.

Musings of the Mrs. said...

That makes me totally laugh. What a lame-o that guy was. And also blind. Maybe his perscription did not fit in the armani glasses and he chose style over sight.