Sunday, September 13, 2009

Miss to Mrs.

Several years ago I was driving with my friend Meghan from the beach back to her house. She was dating on and off this guy named Maricio. Marico and Meghan were nothing serious but not due to the lack of effort on Maricios part. He was head of heals for Meghan. This day driving together I was asking Meghan questions about Maricio and helping her process why she wouldn’t want to be with such an amazing guy. I asked her why she wouldn’t commit and she sat there for a moment looking ahead while twirling her long golden blonde curly hair. After the pause she responded and said, “I don’t know… I just have this feeling that if I committed to him, I would end up marrying him, and right now I am not looking for something that serious.” Then she giggled thinking of how silly that might have sounded, I laughed with her but found her thoughts both interesting and possibly prophetic.

Looking back today, I know what Megan said that day, was true. Eventually, Marico won Meghan over and the two were “officially” a couple. Today Meghan will walk down the aisle, to become Mrs. Marico Mammoliti. I am so happy for both Meghan and Marico. I would rather be in no other place in the world right now than in Fallbrook, Ca helping Meghan get ready for the day she has always dreamed of. I would give the world to watch her become the loving wife to a magnificent man. I know it will be beautiful day and there will always be pictures to capture the moments. But nothing will ever do justice to hearing the silence in the crowd as Meghan today will make her first appearance as The Bride.

Congratulations to Maricio and Meghan! I love you both so much and am celebrating with you in my heart!

3 comments:

Miss Angie said...

Congrats! Wonderfully put!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

ahh..you are such a good friend. I'm sure they missed you!

nikirae18 said...

we all missed you there kt! it was a dream fairytale wedding and meg looked great!!! more details later! love you!!