Thursday, November 26, 2009

Snipits of Thanks

We each have something to be thankful about. Some more than others. Today I have been overwhelemed with joy, love and thankfulness looking back and reflecting on this last year. I think this year I have had the most in my face experience of things to be thankful for. This list is only the smallest glimpse into the things I am thankful for this day. I love my life. I am thankful for the good time and the trials I go through that make my life worth fighting for, and for those who love me. May you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for:

Unexpected cards and words of encouragement

Laughs that make my side ache

Tight hugs from loved ones

Bisous from the French

The lady at my local Boulangerie

Getting to the Boulangerie when fresh baguettes are being distributed

Long phone conversations with my Best friends

The dance class that brought me my first, second, and third French friend.

“The Seine”

My daily email of joy

The prayers of each supporter from home

The adventures that each new day has the potential to bring

My parents visit

Quotes

Even better- being quoted.

Each visitor that has come and been part of my experience here- and the individual
memories we have created. They each have had an imprint on my time here.


Internet in my apartment

That each crazy nuts-o event that’s happened in this last year… worked itself out in
time, and I am alive to tell about it, and laugh in the foolishness my learning curve.

My ten minute phone conversation with my brother today.

My French tutor

All of the flower shops that line the streets in Paris

My blog, to capture this year and all my lovely followers

The joy and ability to have lived in a place to watch the changing of the four seasons- and each one be dynamically different and beautiful from one another.

Ikea

The fact that I can use Christmas colors in this blog- cause the Holiday season has officially begun.

God’s love and grace in my life

Having the funnest Aunt's in the whole world

Warm drinks on a cold day

Ice. Lots and lots of ice. Oh and ketchup too.

Surviving the jump

The ability to look back and smile at this last year- and see all the growth

Cute boys. Now if I can find one to keep!

The joy of looking expectantly and joyfully towards the future

Pretty scarves and warm warm warm coats

That the season of joy and love is here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also thankful for our trip and also for you! You are such a sweet blessing in my life!
love you,
mom

Unknown said...

Hey Katie,
Great blog. And I am so Thankful for the great family we have too. And I am also so grateful for the love and support everyone has given me this year. We are an extra extraordinary family. We are so lucky to have each other. Lot's of Love coming your way... :)

ashly said...

my new favorite katie quote: I am making a brocoli colifloweer caserowl (all those words are spelt wrong)"