Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sour Lemons

“When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade!”





But what if you are the one that added the lemons to your life in the first place?



Last week, I was in love with life and everything around me. Probably the high I had after surviving the skydiving extravaganza. But this week, has been a tough one. I have been challenged in many areas of my life, and with many friendships I do hold dear.

I am teetering on finding the balance between doing the thing that was right for me to do, being open to correction, and making right the pain it all caused. I am having conversations with friends that need to be had. And listening to words they need to speak. Honesty during an open wound hurts, but it’s best to get it all extracted rather than having to open it all back up later. I sure hate being stitched back up to health.

I have cried many tears. Cried for the loss of trust, cried for the false comments, and cried for the shame of holding back for so long. I don’t look for sympathy, I accept the responsibility.

All I can do at this point is trust that God is in control. That His knowledge surpasses mine, and that I faithfully walk in His path. It’s all hard, but it’s a good hard.

Life was sweet last week. And this week it is a bit more sour, but in the end when the sweetness returns it will make the sweetness remembered that much better.

6 comments:

clarisse said...

hi friend!!here is just what is called "a message of loooove"!bisous!

Miss Angie said...

It will be sweet again! You are strong and can add your own sugar! Good luck!

ashly said...

you are loved!

nikirae18 said...

DOnt worry be happy! You did the right thing :) love you friend!

Valerie said...

couldn't agree more !!!! I love that phrase: “When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade!” i'll use it for sure :p

bisous apprenti française!

Brigitte said...

YOU are amazing and made the right choice missy! Sorry for the delay, I'm behind in reading your blog...not like I've had a million things going on or anything ;)

xoxo