Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Look

After looking through my friend's engagement pictures I found this old poem and thought they would go well together. You should also check out Jasmine Star's photography. I am a bit obsessed with wedding engagement shots, but that's just cause I love LOVE! Enjoy!

How did all this time go by- and I not realize how special you were?

Now that I know, how do I live and love without you?


There are so many questions that rage on and on in my mind and the one it comes back to is, will I ever be able to call you mine? So many reasons I want to shout, ‘Yes!’ And so many more than make me cower away…

It’s true that life is funny in the way that it twists and turns. I am here, you are there. I am there, and then you are away. Yet- our paths cross and meet and then it’s like the two of us never miss a beat.

When you hug me I get lost in your strength, when I look in your eyes I get lost in the depth, and when you speak I get lost in your words.

For someone who all people see as so carefree, with my heart I stand fully guarded. It’s a blessing and a curse – but if I risk losing you forever- I risk losing a part that helps make me stay so lighthearted and filled with glee.


I hate the complications other than myself that hold me back. Some call it loyalty- I call it faithfulness. No matter the reason, It’s a difficult decision to logically standby, but deep down I do know that it’s right. To make you my sacrifice of love for something I am not sure ever was or is still there. But with the hope that it’s true, I chose to lose you.

There will be great love out there for us both. When I see you with the girl you currently adore and hear the way you speak of her, I smile and think, ‘she is so lucky.’ One day you will see me and the way I look at my future him, and realize it is the same way…

I used to look at you.

1 comment:

Miss Angie said...

I like that poem a lot and those photos are BEAUTIFUL! I love the expressions and the excitement she captures! It's amazing!