Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Watchers

A few months ago I wrote about being at a hotel in Turkey working out and having this German lady stop her work out and then come stand by my machine for the duration of my 30 minute run. I thought it was very odd.

Well this week I am back at that very same hotel. Two days ago I walked into the workout room where an elderly couple were sitting riding bikes. I hopped on the elliptical, plugged into my iPod and started my workout. Two minutes later the German couple got up from their bikes and stood also to my left shoulder and began saying words I could not understand. I had complete Déjà vu!

The last two days I have gone to the gym the couple has not been there, but they HAVE been walking past the workout room, turned around, and STOOD in the doorway and watched me work out again, saying gibberish I cannot comprehend. Maybe they don’t realize I can see them through the mirror reaction. But they stand their nonetheless chatting to one another and at me.

WHAT IS IT!?!?! Seriously- why can I not work out here with out these people standing behind me speaking in words I don’t understand? It not something fun to watch I can assure you that- it’s not that exciting to do in the first place. I cannot comprehend what they are thinking. I am sure they are trying to be encouraging, but really… It’s just kinda odd and creepy.

1 comment:

Ana Laura E said...

Super creepy... why don't you try saying to them... can I help you? or something like that. Or if you want to be meaner... did you lost something! haha