Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 11

Day 11- Car window still smashed. Giant hole- still existing. Yesterday this idea had me smashed to pieces and today it has me saying… but of course.

Seriously, why is it that you can drive someone’s car and destroy it, but you can’t fix it? After days and days of waiting to hear back from the insurance agency, I was told that they would only speak to the owners of the car.

Fan-Tas-Tic!

The owners of Shattered Glass Car- are on a five week trip to S. Africa (thus why I had their car). So it’s been about two weeks with them gone (and about two weeks of a smashed window, you do the math)- which means three MORE weeks till the car can be fixed. So! Frustrating!

The interesting part of the conversation that I didn’t quite understand; was that in regards to car insurance, the law says that they can only deal with the owners. But, with Bank accounts, they can talk to someone else? Hmmm… that makes me feel great about my wallet that went M.I.A. last week after a trek through the metro. Glad whoever has the wallet can call up my bank and freely discuss my empty bank account status.

Okay – back to the car situation. It’s been raining for the last several days- thankfully I have a garage to park the car under to keep it from being flooded. But then again, if I didn’t have a garage then I probably wouldn’t have a smashed window in the first place.

I just want to fix the car. It shouldn’t be this complicated. But then again, learning how to do everything in a new way in this country is never simple.

The American in me is coming out in this situation. I want to put my foot down and demand service. Or there’s 5 yr old that came out of me yesterday, as I threw a balling tantrum on my floor. I must find a way to get this fixed. There must be a way to “work the system.” So if any of you… have a free Renault Scenic back door you want to send my way, I’ll take it. Or if you know how to work the French car insurance system, Even Better!

1 comment:

Miss Angie said...

Ugh! I'm sorry darlin, that's no fun at all!