Sunday, January 3, 2010

Speaking "Friendly" French

I would say my greatest challenge in learning to speak French, would be the learning of the proper sounds of French. While the French language may sound beautiful to most, I am genearally left repeating every work several times before getting the correct sound. Thus, not sounding to pretty to the le vrai Frenchies.

Now, while I believe that I am repeating the exact tone, inflection, and sound that a French person is speaking, their repetition of the eu, e, a, ou, qu, de, and such lead me to believe, they do not agree with me.

When I was away last week at my friends home, we would spend some time reading French together in efforts to help me with my pronunciation. It was very helpful for me, and I am sure very exhausting for my friend. After a bit of time we would have to put away the childrens book (yes CHILDRENS BOOK) and decide it was best if we just came back to this at another time.

Last night while watching friends, an episode came on that was the perfect example of the frenches and me- working on my speaking abilities. In the clip, I would be Joey, and Phoebee would be anyone who is French and has attempted to help me. My favorite part of this clip, is when Phoebee breaks down the sounds one by one and then speeds up the words. I cannot tell you how many times this exact same thing, has happened with me. Again, pretty much in any French conversation.

So without further ado... As told by Joey and Phoebee, here is the Frenchies and me, practicing French.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL - very very funny :)
mom

Unknown said...

You keep me laughing, thanks... I needed that today. :)