Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Looking at what's ahead- and so EXCITED!

I am so excited and filled with delight of all the goodness that is going to take place in the next six weeks of my life. There are so many great work opportunities, time spent with friends, and adjustments being made to my apartment.

Last July- I found out a new girl was going to be joining our office. Not just a girl. A young Girl! (as in, in her 20’s). I had quickly claimed her to be my roommate thinking she would be arriving in a few short weeks. But no… she has yet to arrive. However… This weekend I will finally be meeting my new roommate. I recently realized I haven’t lived with anyone for quite some time now- almost 4 years. I look forward to a new roommate and all the memories we will share while living here together in France.

Shortly after my roommate arrives another great arrival comes. My Best Friends! They will be here in 16 days! (Not that I am counting or anything) They are coming for 8 days and it’s going to be wonderful!!! I can’t wait to show them around my life, my town, Paris, and just be with them. I love technology and the ability for phone calls and emails, but NOTHING compares to just hanging out together in person doing something, or even absolutely nothing but the treasure that we are still together.

With the arrival of the new roommate and best friends has brought with it lots of long awaited to-do’s, that are actually being accomplished in my apartment. Many things that have needed to be hung since I moved in have actually been hung. When the roommie arrives we will have to redo the bedroom all before the friend’s arrivals. So there are many fun house projects ahead. I never thought living abroad I would learn to do minor electrical work, hang cabinets, and designing small living spaces like living here has required me to do. The minor changes I have made so far- makes my apartment look much homier- I am anxious to see it all up and completed.

Work is flourishing at the moment. A few weeks ago I had the busy busy busy conference in Cyprus and this next month I have two back to back conferences to administrate. I am sure at the end of May I will collapse from the Friends and then 3 major trips back to back with only 10 hours of turn around time before heading back to the airport and out of country- but I cannot pass up the opportunities to learn more than I have already been blessed with.

With all of this crazy goodness- I will do my best to keep up the blog. If I slack- I am sorry- but know that I will be back. But for my own sake as well, I hope that in the moments of all the busyness, to sit back and take it all in, because it’s all so good. It would be sad, if it all went by all too fast, and I didn’t take advantage to realize what it was, while it was happening. I must make the most of the moments I am given. As one of my friends favorite quotes would perfectly say, “Live this moment, for this moment is your life.” I hope to remember that while taking in all that is being provided for me in this next month.

3 comments:

nikirae18 said...

Aww :) I am so excited for you!! how fun, wish i could be joining you..but soon enough i hope you will be home!! xoxo

Emily Catherine said...

I am so happy to hear you have so many blessings ahead! I miss Paris alot, heck, I miss you alot!! My french is improving...I think. So who knows, maybe someday I'll be able to move back there and live life the way you have, truly French and truly crazy. You're a superstar, miss you bunches.

ashly said...

i hope one of these days my name makes it to the blog...maybe after this trip even a picture. just saying....but guess what?! IT"S COMING! IM COMING!