Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Year Two Brings More Happiness

If you ever have the crazy idea of living abroad. Make sure you stay two years. The first year will be filled with lots of new discoveries, insights, and frustrations. But the second year is so so so much more enjoyable.

I am still in the beginning of my second year living here in France, but so many small things about this time of this year is so much more enjoyable than it was this time last year. And I loved it all so much last year. But rather than continually learning about what is about to come, I get to enjoy it all the more thoroughly when it returns. The expectancy of knowing that soon the tulips were going to be planted, the days would grow warmer and longer, and parks would be filled with people once again.

It’s not just the spring that is bringing me the joy of appreciating the second year. I just really am smiling on the inside knowing, that I know how to take care of things better this time around. I have learned many lessons over the first year, and they are all paying off as I enjoy year two.

I am so excited to still see what is to come, and I know I am not fully in the clear of the, “ desperately helpless me” situations to come, but those too will help me for whatever it may be in the future.

Life at the moment is good. I am content, happy, and enjoying this time I have been given here in France. I hope small moment of reflection give you this perspective too!

This has been part of Mamakat's workshop. To participate go here.

Mama's Losin' It

4 comments:

Dumb Mom said...

Paris is spring. I can't even pretend I'm not jealous. My first visit to Paris was during the spring and it was enough to make me BEG, literally beg, my parents to move there. Didn't work out, but not because they didn't try! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you about living abroad! My first year in Japan was full of new excitements and discoveries and frustrations. I finally got to enjoy myself more the second year without being burdened with the need to go and see everything.

France is one of the countries I'd hope to visit one day. Spring in Paris sounds amazing and I hope I get to experience it one day too :)

I hope you get to continue to enjoy France for many more years!

Ana Laura E said...

great advice... I hope I can make it this year!

cheri said...

it's great to know that you are now actually enjoying your stay in paris. you know more, became a better person.

wandering in from the workshop :)