Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tell me about it all

My mind spins around in a million different directions, each and every day. I can barely keep up. Since this is one area I have been neglecting, I will give little tid bits, that could each be their own blog, that I hope to come back to soon, but don’t want to forget that they have happened. So here we go!

I love and adore my friends in French. And I love and adore even more that I can say, believe, and know it’s true, that I have friend here in France. My Frenchie and Lux pals, are the greatest things, and I love learning from them. We are each unique and different from one another, and I love love love spending time with them. It makes each experience here all the more memorable and comforting knowing I have someone to share the memory with.

Going with my first thought, I love that there are two of them. All of my close friends since childhood have always come in pairs of two, and I love that in the groups of three we balance one another out. There was Katie and Megan, Lena and Jimmy, Kacey and Christine, Kendal and Len, Megs and Nicole, Ashly and Andrea, Brigitte and Cynthia, and now Clarisse and Annie. I am such a blessed girl to have these lovelies as my friends. I loooooooove my friends!

It’s freezing. And not just my mom constantly telling me to “take a Jacket,” type of cold. It’s literally freezing. Not wearing a jacket, is not an option. You will be frozen into place, and left to chill until someone brings out a massive heater or blow drier to defrost you. My computer tells me it’s currently is zero degree’s Celsius. Which means that it’s 32 degrees Fahrenheit and that means it’s FREEZING literally! And thus- I. AM. FROZEN.

No one makes being frozen look better than the French. The city has turned into a sea of black boots and trendy black coats. Scarves linger around every woman’s neck, and hats to match to keep their heads sheltered and genial. They are chic, while making the bundled up look flawless with great poise and ease.

While the French woman walk down the streets in their Haut Couture, I am bundled under a pile of blankets, socks, beanies, and sweaters while huddled next to my wall heater. The wall heater is my new best friend. I had resolved not to use it. But once Zero arrived, I no longer could resist.

Christmas is 9 days away! This is exciting!!! I loooooove Christmas time. And Christmas looks good on France. The lights on the streets at night, bring in warmth and joy to the frosty wintry days.

I just mailed my mini Christmas gifts home. I really hope they make it to my parents house on time. Sadly, I am pretty sure the shipping of the box cost more than the contents themselves… but I couldn’t bare not sending some Christmas cheer to my family this year.

My town rocks! I love my little town. For so many reasons. The main reason it get's the shout out today of all days is because you can ice skate on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower. You can Ice Skate in front of Hotel De Ville in Paris. Or... You can Ice Skate in front of the Hotel De Ville in Corbeil Essonnes. I have a beautiful city hall in my town, that looks picture perfect French, and now with twinkeling lights, a giant christmas tree, and an Ice Skating rink!!! What more could a girl enjoy!?

3 comments:

Miss Angie said...

I wish I was in France, I want to go so badly!

Anonymous said...

I love that building! and now with the trees and skating rink - it's so pretty! love you!!!!!
mom

Brigitte said...

Yay I love that you put me and Cynthia in your blog! We are definitely missing our #3 (you, duh) but are sooo glad you get to experience PARIS in your lifetime! Love and miss you tons! xoxoxoxo