Monday, December 21, 2009

The Ultimate French Test

I have been fortunate to travel a ton this year with my job. I have seen many new places, interacted with several different cultures, and experienced something new in each place. While I have traveled to different countries, I have yet to see much of France. Sad I know!

Well my lovies, have no fear. I am stepping out of my Ile-de-France bubble and traveling to a new region today. I am going to Brittany on the west side of France, where I will be spending the remainder of the week.



For those of you who have been following me all year, you may remember this. Where I was ubberly excited to meet another 25 yr old girl at my dance class. Well, we actually have become great friends! Whoo hoo! And... she invited me to go to her home for Christmas. I can’t believe it, an invitation to a real French Christmas! I am so there.

I am excited to spend a week inside a French home, where my French speaking Faux Pas count is sure to sky rocket. But my ability to speak French, is also guaranteed to increase. I am excited to watch and learn how a French family interacts, and be a part of this family’s Christmas traditions. I am really honored that they would welcome me into their home for this special day.

I have packed- and determined I have way too much stuff. I have my laptop, a bag of gifts, my suitcase, and a bag just for coats. I look like I am going on an everlasting holiday. The thing is, I couldn’t cut anything out. I really tried. But this cold weather makes everything so bulky. Taking more than I can carry, became necessary. And when packing for the unexpected, you need to bring a little of everything just to be prepared.



So other than having too much stuff to carry, and terrified to speak all French all week. I am ecstatic about my adventure that starts today. I can’t wait to get back and share it all with you. This will be my ultimate French test. Eek!

Have a very Merry Christmas!Celebrating the birth of our savior with family and loved ones all around!
Bissos!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss Kate,
Your so dang lucky.... Lucky, Lucky, Lucky... I want to be you for a month. Merry Christmas sweetie. xoxoxo

Miss Angie said...

I'm trying to learn French! My roommate is fluent...

Have so much fun my dear, and Merry Christmas! So glad you get to experience something new and immerse yourself in the culture!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Katie - we love you and will miss having you here with us - but what fun! Christmas in France!
Love - mom

nikirae18 said...

im so excited for you! cant wait to hear/read all about it! merry christmas friend, love you! xoxo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.