Friday, March 19, 2010

Battle of the Dishes

Last night after dinner, Madamoiselle Facebook did her job of taking our two bowls and placing them in the dishwasher. Bravo! I was quite impressed by her initiative training of chores even while her parents are away.

However... In the sink were three coffee mugs. Her three coffee mugs that had been left in my car the last few days. I did her the favor of carrying them into the house, but then placed them in the sink knowing she would be loading the dishwasher later. (yes as a test- shame. on. me.)

After the tough work or loading the two bowls into the automated cleaner, I saw the cups in three cups still sitting perched standing in the sink- calling out to be cleaned. Here is what went down...

Nagging Adult (me)- So! Do you think those cups can go in the dishwasher?

Madamoiselle Facebook- (very puzzled look on her face) ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ummm ummmmmm.

Nagging Adult- I think it will be okay...

Madamoiselle Facebook: ummmm ummmm ummmmmm

Nagging Adult- Try it. I promise all the things left in the sink at the end of the day will be okay to put in the dishwasher. Let's see what happens when we try.

Madamoiselle Facebook: Uh... shruggs. Okay.

I think we are making progress! What do you think ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're starting to sound like someone I know....who could it be? Hmmmm, let me think? I KNOW - ME! love you - mom
LOL!

Miss Angie said...

LOL! Teenagers!