Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Facebook Generation

I have a 14 year old girl staying with me for the next two weeks. This should be interesting. I have always known she had a particular love for being on Facebook, but today's conversation gave me a whole new insight.

Setting: Leaving a Saint Patrick's Gouter (Cookies, cake, coffee)

Me (aka- an offical Adult now): Are you sure you want to leave, we can stay a bit longer so you can hangout with Jenny and Annie?

Mademoiselle Facebook: (shruggs her shoulders) Nah, I need to get back to my social life.

Offical Adult: (Puzzled) But... that's why I was offering for you to stay and hangout with them.

Mademoiselle Facebook: I mean facebook.

Official Adult: Oh... gotcha.

Mademoiselle Facebook: They are real people on there. I don't get why my parents, I mean adults (looks at me) don't understand that Facebook is full of real people.

Official Adult: No... I know their real, just not live.

Mademoiselle Facebook: Sure they are- we instant chat.


And the winner is:

3 comments:

ashly said...

AWESOOOOMMMEEEE! silly girl

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOOVVVEEEE that she looked at you when she said adults!! LOL, sooooo funny!
mom

Unknown said...

names have been changed to protect "jennie" and "annie"?