Monday, March 1, 2010

No Smile???

When it comes to pictures I love to flash my pearly whites that are from living here are quickly becomes tinted with tea. But regardless... if you are used to seeing pictures with my smile flashed and wonder why... I have the Frenchie smug across my face...



It's because it's mandatory.

When you go to take your picture for the Carte Sejour there are very specific instructions. One of them being that you are not allowed to show your teeth. My friend Emily actually got called back to retake her picture before they would issue her, her Carte Sejour.

Other rules that are required when taking your mug shot, but not limited too:
1. No teeth showing
2. Must be able to see your ears. (why no teeth, but mandatory ears??? It's beyond me.)
3. No scarfs or other items around your neck
4. Must be looking at the camera without a head tilt (also a really hard thing for me- classic picture pose.)

That's all I can recall from the mug shot I had to take a year ago. But I do remember thinking I looked like I was being committed, and that the rules were quite silly.

When a friend was visiting the picked up a few spare I had lying around and said, "you look like a Frenchie." So though the rules might be silly... at least the help me look the part of a Frenchie for one moment of my time existing here.

6 comments:

Miss Angie said...

LOL! How very interesting, those are some odd rules, but I guess it would help to identify you better. Hair changes, but usually your ears do not!

Unknown said...

Ok,Ok, that looks like me her in American. That't how I take all my photo's. Aunt Tracy laugh's at me!!! :0)

ashly said...

i cant see your ears!

Emily Catherine said...

Mine looks very similar, I will cherish my angry look forever and ever.

Tracy McPike said...

LOL! I will have to send you a copy of Donovan's, he totally looks like a Frenchie! :>)And I do laugh at Aunt Debbie!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Gosh, its been a long time since I have had time to read some blogs. So, are you staying in France? What did you decide? I need an update since I don't currently have time to read daily! Email me!