Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cheese Please

This week my fridge was completely barren. About half way through the week my roommate and I decided to do something about it and make a grocery list. I started the list and then handed it to her to fill in the missing list.

My list:
- Oranges
- Milk
- Eggs
- Tomatoes
- Zucchini
- Bananas
- Yogurt

When the list returned to me it looked something like this:

- Cucumber
- Apples (a few)
- Red/green pepper
- Hand soap
- Lettuce
- Cheese

Pause…

Cheese?



I hand the list back to my roommate and say,

“Iowian… do you know what country we are in?”

Iowian: “um… France?”

Me: “Yes! Exactly! Look at this list, You want me to buy Cheese? What kind of cheese lady? There are over 400 types of cheese! Do you want to buy one of every kind? Our fridge would reek.”

We shared a good laugh and then decided we wanted Brie, Camembert, Feta, and Emmental, for this weeks cheese selection. This way when we walked down the two full aisles of cheese in the super market we didn't have to pretend we were on supermarket sweep and clear all of the cheese out of the aisle- but leave a bit for the vrai frenchies to enjoy.

2 comments:

Miss Angie said...

LOL, my roommate and I keep thinking we're going to have cheese parties and start trying new cheeses. He's had a bunch because he lived in France for a while, but I haven't really tried any of the exciting kinds.

ashly said...

this is great...you had me hanging because I wasnt sure where you were going with this one. I looked at her list, and I thought "what's wrong with it?"

i wish i was eating cheese!