Monday, June 21, 2010

WROOOOF! WROOOF! WROOOOF!

Every so often in my blog I have referenced Kujo. But I don't believe I have ever formally introduced who Kujo is. Anyone who has seen the movie Cujo movie from the 80's might guess that I am talking about a crazy wild dog- but this has never officially been stated.

Yes Kujo is a crazy wild dog. Wild as in zealous- he has a home, and he loves to protect it. Kujo is not just any crazy wild dog- he is my crazy wild dog. Okay... not mine but my corner neighbors crazy wild dog. He is big, burly, and a beast at best. Upon first meeting Kujo I was walking in front of his home and leapt 20 feet in the air when greeted by his gnarly bark. Though he is quite intimidating, I have found a friend in Kujo. I just don’t think he has found one in me yet.

Kujo defending his turf


While his bark probably petrifies most who walk by ( and honestly still does to me) it’s a familiar sound, and I have come to enjoy this massive beast. I have fun tormenting him and tossing things out my window at him, whispering Kuuuuuujoooooooo in his yard when I walk by late at night, and that he comes back hard with a vicious bark each time. Really were buds.

About a month ago I was looking out of my window and I realized I hadn’t heard Kujo’s bark in a long time and told my roommate, “I think Kujo is gone.” She shrugged not really knowing my history with Kujo, or yet to have the opportunity to bond with the villain. Upon this realization, my heart wished my bud was not really gone. But as days passed I would see my neighbor gardening with the freedom of leaving his gate open, and in the mornings when I would look out my window I would look expectantly to see my friend… only to see his empty kennel and no Kujo in the yard. I gave up hope that I would ever see my taunting amie again.

Today while doing my dance video workout I was blasting the music and had my window open to let in a cool breeze. While mid-pirouette I heard a glorious sound:

WROOOOOOOOOOOOF WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF WROOOOOOOOOOORF!

Feeling like I was the little boy in Homeward bound when he hears Chance bark:
Start video at 4:28 for the touching moment


I leapt from my spot, bounded to the window and yelled out

"KUUUUUUUUJOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! YOU’RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! If I believed you wouldn't bite me I would run down and hug you! Just like Jaimy does with Chance. But I'm not going to take that chance."

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOF WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

I missed you too Kujo! I missed you too!

Wroof!

No comments: