Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Come and go

I love meeting new people- which essential makes this new opportunity ideal for me. However- I also hate saying goodbye to new people I meet and have only had a small glimpse into their fascinating lives. What may seem routine and mundane day to day life for them – to me becomes a glimpse into a life well lived, explored, and quite extraordinary. Over the last two weeks here in Turkey I have had the opportunity to meet many fascinating people. Some I would connect with and others I would just past by. However- each time I would stand in the conference room I could look around and know that each person in this room was living a life that was beyond the ordinary and took into the extremes of risk taking and faith living.

I find it an honor to not just know their individuals stories but know their circumstances and hearts behind each day lived-- Each day with a purpose, each day with a risk, each day with conviction and truth, and each day with the passion to carry them through. Gathered in this conference, some come strong some come weary- some leave encouraged and some leave the same- but they will all depart and go back to their lives in the corners of the world my eyes will never see. I can only hope that they did get something from this conference- something that may or may not be life altering to them but something to hold onto- something to take back with them, and something to treasure for the work they have ahead.

I can hope this for them because I know they are what I will take away with me.

No comments: