Friday, July 31, 2009

The Second (and hopefully last) Flood

Rather than cry about it I decided to blog about it. Cause I just could laugh about the possibility of spending hundreds of dollars and replacing all the meat I bought on sale yesterday. No, that’s just not funny. Nor is the puddle I am standing in inside my kitchen. My fridge is defrosting by the second and I have not a clue what to do. So I decided to make a few phone calls: eh hem…

Call #1 My dad:

Me: Hi dad-

Dad: Hey how’s it going?

Me: Fine… Dad my refrigerator is broke.

Dad: Okay… and what do you want me to do from here?

Me: Fix it!?

Dad: Well at least you can get a blog out of it.

Me: Already on it.

Call # 2: My friend Kevin- (he didn’t answer I had to leave a voicemail)

Me: Hi Kevin- it’s Katie and I am calling you because I have a big big BIG problem and you are always good at fixing my big big BIG problems. But you are probably not answering your phone because you are getting paid to fix other people’s big big BIG problems. But I miss you and that should be payment enough from me. Okay bye friend.

Call # 3: My friend Bob- (he also didn’t answer so I had to leave another message)

Me: Hi Bob, it’s Katie and I am calling the smartest person I know in the whole wide world and you know that’s true cause I am all the way in Paris to help me fix the biggest problem in the whole wide world right now. But you are not answering and therefore imminent disaster is about to take place.

Then I gave up calling and started to write. In the midst of typing my VM to Bob I heard the best sound in my life… My Fridge RESTARTED! Ahhhhhhh Thank you Jesus for hearing my desperate cries! My only issue now, is this fridge has to stick it out for another year. Come on baby- Stay cold!

But we are not done yet, I went onto facebook and my friend bob told me to call him back. I called him back, and was assured I knew he was the smartest person in the whole wide world. Want proof? where it is Bob heard my problem and then without hesitating started asking me questions about my fridge and broke down to me the mechanical reasons of why my fridge stopped working and then suddenly turned back on. Bob then assured me that my fridge should continue to work for the remainder of my time here. Told ya, smartest guy in the world.

So in the end my fridge breakdown didn’t turn into a nervous breakdown but a time to chat with a good friend, and had me laughing at myself once again.

4 comments:

nikirae18 said...

aww Im so glad Bob came to the rescue! so fun!

better you then mine..I would have had the nervous breakdown for sure..called my mom crying..and then cleaned up the mess!

ashly said...

so why did it defrost?

Musings of the Mrs. said...

How did you do that really cute picture at the top of your blog??? That is what I want to know. Because you are the most creative and smartest blogger ever so I know you will tell me.

Unknown said...

Oh Kate, I feel your pain....I had the plumber here the other day for a backed up sink. :-( Never ends being an adult. Good luck sista. :-)