Monday, August 3, 2009

No way Norway



It’s raining it’s pouring- and I don’t know what to wear in the morning.
I looked at the weather before I packed—but I look outside and see it is actually storming.

My bag is stuffed with sunblock, tank tops, and flip flops,
But what I really need are jackets, scarves, and hats to keep my hair from looking like a wet mop.

I thought Norway would be an escape to more warm weather in the land of the never setting sun,
Alas the only way to get warm is to go for a run.

Sitting here I am now wet and cold,
I will end up leaving with clothes filled with mold.

I have learned the lesson I will always pack an umbrella
Because weather in Europe is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will getta.
(sorry I needed it to rhyme)

But have no fear, it won’t keep me from having fun and exploring
All the wet weather brings more chances for me to stumble upon disaster and good stories to report to you in the morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good morning katie!!i'm reading your blog drinking my coffee....morning newspaper!!i feel sorry for u and also a bit guilty...i should have told you than the weather in the scandinavian countries is awful!but i thought you knew!and i can t help myself smiling at this "naive" american girl discovering europe...! so i tell you now, when you'll come to brittany, fr, PLEASE bring all sort of umbrellas and sweaters!! have a good day, byebye!!