Friday, August 21, 2009

A few of my Favorite Things Part 2

**note** because yesterday I recieved so many compliments on my pictures I will start out by telling you today none of the pictures except for Moulin Rouge were taken by me. I had to find pictures for these through Google images. However yesterdays photos were taken by me, so thank you.

Here is day two of my Faves of Paris (drum roll please):

In Paris you walk. A LOT. For a short time I lived in Washington D.C. when my friends came to visit they thought we walked a lot there. They have no idea what they are in for when they arrive in Paris. So I consider this their fair warning. What I am more amazed at though is now the Frenchies can walk around so much in their beautiful shoes. I don’t wear tennis shoes but I don’t wear stilettos either. Either way- I love my 50 Paris City Walks guides. They are small enough to take a few in my purse. They helped me find my way and become familiar with the city. And when you are walking around and down, what may seem a normal street, you might just find out that, “in Apartment 56 Van Gough lived for two years.” Or something else you would never know when just walking around taking in the city.



I have written about this before and probably will many times, I just can’t resist. To me, a ballet in Paris to me is a must. But not just a Ballet. A ballet at the Palais Garnier. I think is the most beautiful building in Paris and the inside is even more exquisite. It really is breathtaking. The dancers are incredible only to be complimented by the art of the building itself. One cool fact about the Palais Garnier, is that this is the Opera house, that the Phantom of the Opera, is based off of.

View from the stage


Looking towards the stage


If you aren’t walking in Paris you are probably in the metro. Some metros are great… others not so much. Depending on the line and the time of the day you can be crammed in like a pack of sardines wanting to pour hand sanitizer on your entire body. Or you can take line 14. I love line 14. It is the newest metro line and it is so clean, pretty, and not so stuffed. It is not a particularity long line, in regards to how many stops it makes. But what it does offer, I quite enjoy and get a little giddy when I know my route will put me on the 14.



My next favorite, is a favorite because it is a favorite of France and something I have really grown to appreciate. The French love their cheeses. I believe there are over 365 different French cheeses, you know… one for each day. I love when people get excited, so it makes me happy when the French get excited talking about their cheeses. I have things I love about the French and their cheese. The first reason being are the cheese stores. I am really impressed at an entire store of selling just cheese.



The second thing I love is my favorite cheese. Well what is my favorite cheese you might ask? Hands down, yummy in my tummy, my favorite is Chevre Chaud avec Meil, Hot Goat cheese with Honey. De-Lic-ious! Best part, you can do this at home and I implore you to do so, now! Hot Goat Cheese with honey then drizzled on top with a Baguette- as my friend B would say, Done and done.



I gave this favorite away in my *note* but it really makes my favorite only during a certain time of day. The first time I saw the Moulin Rouge was during the day. It was cool to be standing in front of it, but I wasn’t all too impressed. However- the next time I stumbled back into that part of town it was dark and the lights of the Moulin Rouge were on and suddenly the entire place came to life. If you go to see the Moulin Rouge (the building not the show) you must do so at night- it is a far far better sight to see at night.



So that's my list for now. There is more but I have to save things for another time. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Bizous*

3 comments:

Brigitte said...

O.M.G. an entire store filled with CHEESE?!?! Wow - I'm speechless. That's literally my dream come true! To Do on my life checklist: Go to Paris and gorge myself in every cheese possible :)

and p.s....DONE AND DONE! Yess I feel so honored to be quoted in your blog! xoxo

ashly said...

I CANT WAIT TO GO TO THE MOULIN ROUGE WITH YOU!!! We should probably leave the boys at home...

Unknown said...

You know how I love Phantom, I would love to see the actual Theatre it was written about! XO