Friday, August 14, 2009

Sweet Flight

Today I had a 40 minute flight from Zurich, Switzerland to Paris, France. In that forty minutes I was served a snack with a drink. I know, right?! In the U.S. you can fly across all the continental states and not be served a thing, without first needing to pulling out your wallet. If you are lucky a glass of water will be offered to prevent your parched thirst.

If you have had this experience then you too can imagine my surprise when first I was being offered a snack, but even more amazingly was handed this…



Oh yes! That is a picture of some very delicious strawberry ICE CREAM! I mean seriously, was I just served Ice Cream on a plane? I was in heaven! Floating above the clouds watching the sky and eating Ice Cream!

As I was finishing the best snack ever offered on a flight, another flight attendant came around and offered this…



Oh Yes! Chocolate and Thanking ME!

No no no… Thank you Swiss Airlines, Thank you!

3 comments:

Debbie McPike Widick said...

Wow, that's what I would like when I fly... Looked really yummy. Wicked was fabulous again. Sorry you missed it. :=(

KMServino said...

Wow ice cream is awesome! Oh and not that it matters much but since I used to work for them, Horizon air still offers free beer and wine and a snack (just a cookie usually) on their short flight from Portland Or to Seattle Wa (like a 35 mins flight). Still not ice cream and chocolate though!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

The Friendly skies? I remember when our skies were friendly. Now its like taking the bus...not friendly.