Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Rock Collection

Happy 100th Posting!


I wasn’t sure what to write about today. I felt pressure being the big 100 and all but last night after watching He’s Just Not That Into You”, and reviewing Mamakat’s writers workshop, I decided boys are a pretty big topic in any girls life, and would thus be appropriate for my 100th post.

The prompt: List 10 things you would say to 10 different people in your life if you had the huzpa.

The list moves from my youngest remembrance of a boy, to present day. All boys I have come across along the way, some were romantic others not at all- but they are all boys I do recall. Each one I think about from time to time, and this is generally what I think of, when they come to my mind.

1. If I had never moved when I was 5, would I have been your girl next door?

2. You were always my favorite of the ten and my best friend. I hope life takes you to magnificent places and you are still having as much fun as we did back then.

3. I fell on my head doing a flip on the monkey bars trying to impress you. Talk about literally being head over heels.

4. When you asked me to dance I should have said yes. I was just too scared. And still feel guilty to this day for walking away.

5. I always wore DC shoes because those were your initials.

6. I’ll never forget what you said- you are my favorite, thanks for the truth. Friends for life.

7. Boooooooo. I hope you got hit upside the head with a club.

8. You gave me a whole new perspective on my life. You deserve wonderful and I hope you find her. Believe in yourself and I know you will.

9. I wish you would contact me already! I am starting to forget how amazing I know you are. Small memories only last so long. Will I ever see or talk to you again…

10. Where are you? Will you find me and marry me already? Thanks.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't really support the last sentiment - last I checked I was still a boy.

Good job and good reminisces. (Dropping by from Mama Kat's)

junebug said...

That was very cute. I felt like it was conversations I could have had with boys throughout my own life. :-)

Alicia said...

ahhh if only we could actually tell them those things, huh...maybe one day! but i love the one about the dc shoes....too cute!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from SITS.
Great post...

Unknown said...

This was adorable. Like a little walk down memory lane. I remember so many of these feelings growing up!

I hope the last boy comes back to marry you.

Congrats on your 100th post!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Some boys grow up to be men. Some never get out of the boy stage at all - their poor girlfriends!

I hope the one you want to marry turns out to be a man.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

#5 is so damn cute!!

This is such a sweet list and sort of sad at the same time. Made me smile... :)

Hallie

kisatrtle said...

chuckle, chuckle

Unknown said...

Katie, You're such a dear! I loved this post and am inspired to try my hand at my own list.

Tina said...

Great take on this weeks prompt! I have definitely thought most of these things at one time or another. Those damn boys will get ya every time!

Unknown said...

This was really cute. I love how honest you are (like wearing the shoes because they were his initials).

Brigitte said...

ADORABLE! #5 and #9 are my favs!

Missy said...

Nice list... Way nicer than mine.
Kat Rocks doesn't she.

Congrats on the 100th post.

Star Talks said...

so cute, katie. i am so glad that i have come across your blog again... how is paris, lady? i hope you are having the time of your life. xoxo.

Unknown said...

cute blog post!

just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

Patrice said...

Happy 100th post!! Love the topic, great choice! I really love the picture at the end lol that's always been a favorite saying of mine!

BookLady said...

Hey, I included a few boys in my ten, too! :) great posts and cute blog!

KMServino said...

I laughed out loud at #7. You had much nicer things to say to past boys than I would have. Mine would have been a list of #7's until you get to my hubby. Cute post thanks for stopping by my page!