Friday, May 8, 2009

Home Work

Today is another French holiday. Victory in Europ day Essentially the end of WW2.



But, unlike the hard working nurse pictured above, I am in the midst of this big project for work and needed to work all day today, and will probably work the majority of the weekend. Oh well, it happens. But- the special part of working today was that I worked from home.

Man I love working from my apartment. I feel like I was able to accomplish so much and fully concentrate on everything that needed to get done. When I needed a break I could get up and clean up my apartment a little bit- because seriously who wants to work in a war zone. I could fold the laundry that’s been drying in my living room since the flood incident on Monday. And I was able to listen to music without earphones and lay on my couch in PJ’s as I added to and edited my progressively growing 100 page report. It was fabuloso working from home.

The only down side of working from home was I needed to get my work to other people. And I needed to ask others clarifying questions to finish up the project. So once my productive day was over I needed to drive to the office to access the internet. It’s one thing to write these blogs at home and post the next day at work. But the use of internet is much more of a necessity when working from home.

This might just be the tipping point for me to take the plunge and get internet at home. Cause I surely don't see any sailors roaming the streets in Paris celbrating and wanting to wisk me away.

No comments: