Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's a small world

Aaah aaah Aaaah! Aaaah aaah aaah! Giselle sings into the forest at the beginning of Enchanted and all of the birds and forest animals come flocking to her side. Arial counts her gadgets and gizmos as she wishes to be part of another world. And Belle walks through her French market with her nose stuck in a book and then becomes trapped into a magical world of the Beast. Each of these girls had hopes and aspirations of living a life of greater grandeur than the life they were currently leading.



These movies lay at the heart of every little girl and these stories have turned dreams into realities for some. This week Disneyland Paris brought in their American recruits’ from California to be their fantasy princess crew. Who would have thought that Disney bringing in people to play characters would be a dream come true for me.

I spent this weekend with my friend Emily who was brought in from Disney to play the part of Arial and now Mary Poppins in the parade along with other costume characters throughout the day. I had the best time with Emily and it was so fun to hear all of the exciting tid bits of things she is learning at her job. While we were hanging out in Paris on Saturday we were going to meet some fellow cast members under the Arch de triumph.



When her cast members approached I saw a beautiful girl who will be playing the role of Sleeping beauty and her real life prince charming walking hand in hand. When they approached and introduced themselves, and I heard words that always ring home in my heart, “you went to Biola right?” Yes! Someone from my small Alumni from school. As it turns out we have a similar circle of friends and were connected through people but never knew either one existed. And there we stood- under the Arch de Triumph connecting our true homes to our new homes in Paris.



Each one of us have come to Paris for a different reason. I came with a mission’s agency with the dream to fulfill the Great Commission. Emily came though the means of facing her fear of auditions and landed the roll of a princess in Paris, and Mary came with the excitement of a new experience and needing to take a year off from school. No matter what reason or dream it is that brought us to this place in the first place we all stood there knowing that we each had a place we could recall as home and know similar people- but that our futures are an unknown adventure that lyes ahead.

The best thing of having Emily here and meeting Mary and Andrew is they are a dream come true for me. First arriving in Paris, I didn’t know anyone my age- or who spoke English. Through their arrival this last week I feel like I have an instant family. I am surrounded by people who love people I love and in reciprocation to that, we innately by design love one another.

While standing under the Arch de Triumph with Emily who knows my Oceanside group of friends and meeting Mary and Andrew who known some of my Biola friends- I thought to myself, “It really is a small world after all.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog comment! And don't worry I get caught up in the world of Disney too! I can't help but sing Disney songs at the top of my lungs!

Julie said...

Hi there....visiting from SITS.
Sounds like a fun time :)