Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me Monday



Not me Monday is a group of people who shamelessly post incidents that occurred throughout the week by accepting full responsibility through 100% denial that it actually occurred. It was started by McMama and you can find others like me who did absolutely nothing wrong this week.

I am not at all excited to have my friend Alyssa come and visit for 10 days starting this Thursday. Alyssa asked if she could bring anything for me from home. I surely did not request that I would be able to use her second allowance of luggage for my mom to send me some requested items. After Alyssa said that would be okay I definitely did not e-mail her and my mom several times changing my mind and switching what I actually wanted. I would be more organized, and thoughtful of the kindness of others rather than being indecisive and forgetful. Also my bag is definitely not heavier than the one she is bringing for her own- I possibly couldn't’t want or need that much.



I most surely have not decided that I need to re-join weight watchers but put it off everyday because the bread, croissants, and cheese are so delicious. I do not feel guilty about that one bit. I am not deciding that the day to start is Wednesday the day before my friend arrives. I know that would only be setting myself up for a difficult beginning and one I would likely give up on day two. And while we are on the subject of food,I surely have not eaten avocado's everyday for the last two weeks due to feeling the great depravity of good Mexican food here in France.

I did not feel upset about not being able to blog everyday yesterday. I was glad I took responsibility over writing about my daily escapades in town. And it did not take me 5 months of living in France to get a bank account and Internet set up at my apartment. I wouldn’t drag my feet on two important facets living. I am also now not waiting a week for a security password before I can actually start using both my bank account and Internet system. I love administrative driven societies.

I did not spend my Sunday evening watching several Disney movies after spending a weekend with different girls who are here in Paris to be Disney characters. Spending time with them wouldn’t make me flee back to my childhood dreams of looking for a “true loves kiss and a prince to go with it.” I would be much more sensible and not so easily influenced and manipulated to the Disney childhood dream.



Finally I was not excited one single bit by the gift Emily brought for me from the States. I did not crack up laughing and find it hysterical that she saw this cup and thought of me. I do not look at it and just smile and feel a bit of home every time I have taken a sip out of this cup today. I wanted a good plastic starbuck's cup and Emily most definitely did not deliver the perfect cup.

3 comments:

Shane said...

So which one are you? Beauty or Ariel? And which one does your friend Emily play?

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Why in the world would you go on a diet in France? That is NOT FUN!!!!! At all!!!!

ashly said...

soo much to comment on! tell emily that is the cutest cup i have ever seen starbucks make! i thought she was going to buy the one with the saying on the back.

avocados have good fat not bad fat.

we have the rest of our lives to diet and not be satisfied. enjoy the food while you can! i love you just the way you are probably because you love me with all my squish.

tell Alyssa i know exactly how she feels about those extra suitcases. i hope you didnt make her walk a "mile" with them. oh, the things we do for you. yes, i know i will have to do it again and probably for the rest of my life (bc you will always travel to far off places).