Thursday, May 28, 2009

you've got mail

The much anticipated day has FINALLY arrived! Ready wait for it, wait for it, wait for it...

I HAVE INTERNET IN MY APARTMENT!

Now that may not seem like much but to put into perspective I have lived in France for almost 6 months now and just received Internet this morning! I went to the Internet provider two weeks ago to sign up for the Internet and it has taken two weeks for all of it to be activated. The last two weeks have been a ticking torture of anticipation, like a leaky waterspout just slowly trickling drip drip drip. Everyday I would check my mail to see if I had been given the secret codes and to no avail everyday I was left without a connection to the rest of the world. But no longer- I have the passwords and I am fully logged on.

I cannot wait for the freedom this is going to bring to my life:
- On Sunday's I will not have to drive to my work office at 11:00 pm at night to call friends and family at home, I can now use skype on my own couch whenever I want.
- I can type and post my blogs at home rather than typing and post later.
- I can watch U.S. tv shows online like SYTYCD
- And when people come and stay I can let them stay connected to their friends and family too.

I am so happy to have the world wide web back in my own personal life!

1 comment:

Debbie McPike Widick said...

Yea for you Katie.... I can't believe you have been there almost 6 months. Time fly's when your having fun. Love ya, Miss ya :-)