Monday, October 12, 2009

Monsieur Serendipity

To all those who said that I would move to Paris and fall in love with a cute French boy and I brushed off… I am here to tell you: You are correct. Now all I have to do is find him again.

Saturday may go down as one of my favorite days thus far in Paris. I was able go to coffee with two girls I have become friends with, which turned into an entire day hanging out. We walked around Paris, had dinner, and then went to watch a French football (soccer) game. I believe this may be the first Saturday night in Paris, I have hung out with a group of friends and it felt very refreshing. My schedule has been so hectic lately that I haven’t been able to meet up with these girls who mean so much to me here.

While hanging out with my “French Amies” was fabulous, the Nutella on the Crepe (Or icing on the cake), of the day was the cute boy I met who I will call Monsieur Serendipity. This football game was very different from the first match I watched. The first game everyone was very intense and hyped up and this one people seemed more relaxed and the game was more a background than the main event of the evening. Apparently France played a team from a small Island who is not as skilled as other European teams. I must admit I did not watch much of the game but was enjoying being with my friends.

Shortly after my first “French Amie” left, the boy next to me and I started to chat a bit. Nothing serious but he was charming none the less. Through our conversations together we spoke a bit of French, Spanish but mostly English. He is an avid soccer fan ,while not such a big American football supporter. I told him, he must give it a chance because I am giving soccer a try, though I think it is quite boring compared to our American football. Our difference in taste I am sure is from what we were exposed to as a child, thank goodness I got the best one. Then we agreed I would be a France National Team fan if he was a Charger fan. One more Frenchie supporting the Chargers!

After the grand finish by the French National team (Score 5-0) it was time for Monsieur Serendipity to leave. As he was leaving he turned from his friends and said, “Well, it is time for us to leave,” Now reaching for my hand while giving me the traditional French goodbye Bisous finishes by saying, “But you know, life is crazy, and I hope we will run into each other again.” And then I was left swooning. The best goodbye ever.

Now I must find a way to find the boy. Time to start going to lots of football games and hoping the French keep on winning so that in the end… I can win too!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"One more Frenchie supporting the Chargers!" ha ha best quote ever! You are adorable! Just keep going to that spot, I'm sure you'll run into him again! Yay for cute french boys swoooooning over you :)

Miss Angie said...

Very very cute! I want to move to Paris and fall in love with a cute french boy... C'est tre génial!

clarisse said...

why did i leave so early???lol!i'ts not fare! i didnt' have the chance to meet this mysterious cute boy (but wasn'it the guy with the red and black t shirt....?:)si la vie le veut, tu le reverras! it happened to me once!bisous!!

nikirae18 said...

oh yeah!! so fun! I could picture every moment! What a great weekend yu had! :)