Sunday, October 18, 2009

Words??? Where did you go?

Is it bad when you feel guilty about not blogging? Cause I do.

Every day, several times a day, when I open my internet browser there is a tab screaming at me saying, “STOP IGNORING ME!!! WRITE SOMETHING! ANYTHING!” I close my eyes and switch the page to something else and sigh… “So many ideas of what to write, but nothing to say.”

How does this happen? I used to have so many ways to write and explain what I was thinking, but no real idea when I started what the exact topic would be. The topic just occurred organically through the process of writing. Now I have a list of ideas, Yes a LIST. A full on, 8 item list of ideas, of what to write on; but no idea on how to actually write and explain in a fun and witty way, what I have to say.

Suffice to say, I am in a writing rut, and frustrated with it. I want my time of writing to be fun, but I don’t want to forget or outdate the happenings of my Parisian state of mind. Will my blog have to become a disciple until I get back into the flow of actually writing words? How did a trip to Italy with my parents have me return with nothing new and creative to say? It must have been all that rocket fuel “Grappa.”

I know I can do it. The ideas are there, I just need to motivate myself and dig deep into the empty shell head of mine, and pull something, ney, ANYTHING out of it. I am sure once I travel into the unknown maze of my lil brain, something is bound to come up. Like falling off a horse, you just have to get back on again- I just have to find the motivation to want to get back on. At this moment my only motivation for writing about absolutely NOTHING (other than I have nothing to write about) is a distraction from something that haunts me even more… My French Homework.

I beg my mind to be creative and fun once again. It’s no fun, neglecting something that brings me so much joy. And it’s even more no fun knowing that now it is a task, but once upon a time was just plain simple Fun.

Please, please, please, words come back to me!

2 comments:

Ana Laura E said...

I gave you an awesome post award!

ashly said...

I do hope the words come back because everyday I look for a new blog before I even start work...