Monday, October 5, 2009

The choice to continue

After such a long long absence from writing on my blog I almost don’t even know where to begin. I have even questioned many times of even continuing. But I don’t think I could stop, even if I wanted to. It is here on my blog that I capture the happy, and not so happy, quirky, funny, lonely, unexpected, adventures, and special moments from my journey here in Paris.

Since I have been away for a few weeks and have gained some new followers, I thought I would start by reintroducing myself to my blog and those who stumble across here.
When people find out I live in Paris, they are often curious to know how I ended up here. I regularly wonder the same thing myself. I work for a Christian Missions organization that works with over 30 countries of the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia. That is what I do when I am here in France. Though, that is never directly the topic of my blog. I chose to avoid this as a blog topic for a few reasons though it is my only purpose for being here. The main reason (and most important) I do not blog in regards to what I do for work (other than mentioning a country I am traveling to) is for the protection of those I work with.

In the U.S.A we are blessed with the freedom of religion and can freely mention names, places, and events that we are doing to share Christ with others. However, with the areas of the world I work with, liberally placing those details online for others to read would be doing the missionaries I work with a disservice of trust and safety. Working here I know the realities that face people daily and would never want to be a cause of risk for any of the wonderful people I have met and the beautiful work I support them in doing.

While I work the typical 8 hour day (or more) like the rest of the world, when I am off work I live in the French culture. Be assured that though my blog looks like all I do is play, there is lots of work being done too. I love the work my job accomplishes but I want to remember the people I interact with when I am strolling the city. I want to take any opportunity that is presented to me while I am here, because to not be open, would seem as though I am rejecting a blessing waiting to be taken. Through each of these opportunities, I am taught something new and want to always remember what I am taking away and give it back to my readers and supporters.

Be assured that though my blog looks like all I do is play, there is lots of work being done too.

I love my life here in France. There are many moments that life here in France is the toughest choice I have ever made and must trust in the Lord’s plan in knowing this is where he wanted me to be. There are other times I wonder why I was chosen to be here and be so blessed. I get to do amazing things both in and out of work and in a wonderful life enriching part of the world at the same time. Living in France and traveling throughout the region for work- gives me a perspective of many different cultures all of the time.

I am happy I have decided to keep my blog- I think I would have missed it greatly if I decided to stop. And I fear it would become a regret that would haunt me after this time is over. I want to remember, I want to remember it all and share it all with you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

um HELLOOO you better not get rid of this thing missy ha ha I'd be so upset - your blog is like my newspaper, I have to read it every morning!

:)

xoxo

nikirae18 said...

hey love..cant wait to hear all about the fun you had with your parents..bob is coming next huh? fun! love you..and so glad youll keep writing! :) call me soon if you can ! xoxo

Miss Angie said...

I find you fascinating, thanks for letting me read!