Saturday, October 24, 2009

That's now how I wanted it...


This weekend I had big big plans to do nothing. I have been on the go with fun things to do for the last month straight, but I knew I needed a small short break. With the weather being cozy as it is right now I thought it would be the perfect weather to cuddle up with cozy blankets, drink fresh hot tea, and to re-read twilight to enjoy the passing of time.

I got what I wanted but not on the terms I wanted it on. I wanted to be healthy choosing to stay at home all snug and warm. Instead, I am sick and forced to the chambers of my apartment. I wanted to sip and enjoy my hot tea, not have tea as my only option to help soothe and ease my throat. The cozy blankets I longed for, are now necessary but have me jumping from being too hot, then a few moments later, I am freezing with the chills. I am 25 not 55, I should not be having all these hot flashes. I had planned on taking a few leisurely strolls and now my whole body is worn from exhaustion, due to my entire body being forced through my heaving coughs. I am waiting for my lung to pop out as I type this out.

Next time I crave a relaxing weekend I must remember to think, “I want all of this, while being healthy, not sick.” I need to get to the store to buy some orange juice and crackers but I don’t think that’s going to happen. I am pretty sure the Frenchies would not appreciate me hacking breathing in their Carrefour. And I am pretty sure I might pass out while walking through their mega version of Wal-Mart looking for those two items or from the long lines that precede me actually being able to return to my car.

I know I will be fine though. I still have Bella and Edward to pass my time with and Tylenol p.m. to knock me out when I am ready to sleep. I hope to be refreshed and ready to live strong soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, baby girl, I wish I was there to take care of you. I would bring you oj & meds & tea & chicken soup. I would sit with you and watch movies until you fell asleep. Wishing I was closer,
mom

Tracy McPike said...

Wish I was there to run to the store for you...hope you feel better soon. Love you

Ana Laura E said...

Sucks... I hate the "sickness" chills!

nikirae18 said...

feel better hun! me and maddie are getting sick too!