Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Delicious Paris

Last week when my friend Alyssa arrived she came with three intentions- First to eat good food. Second to relax, and third to eat good food. So I snapped a few pictures of the good food we ate last week for all those out there who love food as much as Alyssa and I do.

Warning: Images below may not be suitable for the diabetic or lactose intolerant, please use discretion.

My favorite meal that we partook in was the cheese fondu. I seriously think it is the best thing I have ever had in my life. Hot, gooey, melted cheese with fresh herbs and spices, ooooh I am just salivating thinking about how delicious this meal was.



A few evenings I attempted the French cusine and made food for us at home. I officially made my first quiche and it was… AMAZING! I think I will be making another one quite shortly. I was very unsure of how my quiche would turn out, but I don’t think it could have tasted any better than it did. Suffice to say, I was quite pleased with my experiment. For dessert this night, we had a strawberry and chocolate tarts from a local Patiserie.





Time for a cheese and dessert party! I invited a few people to come over and help Alyssa and I eat the seven cheeses we had for our cheese party- I thought I had a picture of them all, but turns out I only got a picture of one of the cheeses. But, it’s the prettiest cheese, so in my book it’s okay. The cheeses we had to sample at our cheese party were: Tome, Camembert, Brie, warm goat cheese, Coeur de Bray (pictured below) and a few others. From this night I discovered that my favorite combination is bread with warm goat cheese and a bit of honey on top. C’est magnifique!









And the last shot I have of some delicious discoveries with Alyysa, is my new favorite salad. The salad was topped with pieces of toast that which were covered in fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and Basil. It smelled sumptuously and tasted magnificent! It was at this little cafe I discovered two months ago and even better than their food is their service. The people here take time to speak with you, joke around and are very down to earth. I love them and want to stop by regularly to get to know them more. And having good food to eat isn't a bad incentive either.



Other than everything pictured above, there were lots of fresh sandwiches and Paninis consumed, a few crapes, some cafes along and of course French wine. I think Alyssa must have accomplished her goals of eating good food while she was in Paris. While Alyssa was eating one of her last meals, she turned to me and said, “I think I may have eaten too much cheese.” The French would reply, "Impossible!"

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

I'm drooling....

Emily Catherine said...

You must take me everywhere.
Any french recipes you want to try out, I'm up for it. I'll be your taste tester.

Today, I added some onion to my bacon and green bean pasta. I'm really mixing things up here at the Disney compound, maybe I should reel it in before I do something too crazy.

ashly said...

i cant wait!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

mmmmmmmmm.....I want some!

nikirae18 said...

looks so yummy! wish i could be there with you to pig out..cheese and choc..me and mikes two fav's! hah!