Monday, June 1, 2009

the day has arrived

It’s funny how one day can make you feel so sentimental about not being at home. Before leaving for Paris I always concerned and worried about missing my friend’s birthdays- it never even dawned on me that I would be sad to not have my friends there with me for mine. This last week I would occasionally be hit with feelings of homesickness, I was wishing I could be at home with my friends and family for just this one simple day.

Today has shown me that though I am thousands of miles away- it just shows that love knows no boarders and can travel to all places. This birthday while I am afar, I feel loved as if I were still sitting in my own home with each person right there with me. I am so thankful that I have been blessed with so many great people who love me and take the time to show me that love.

This weekend a few girls from my work threw me a So. Cal birthday party- complete with San Diego monuments, home made surfboards, and umbrella’s to block out the sun. The party helped boost my mood and brought me back to being centered not the warmth of sunshine but the warmth of kindness and love. My favorite part of the day was they Skyped in my mom and nephew and for a few minutes I was able to talk to my mom and see and talk to my nephew who I miss sooooo stinking much.







My mom in all her kindness and creativity along with my Best friends put together a blog just for people to leave me birthday wishes. This was so much fun to read and go through today. There were so many funny, kind, and special messages left for me. If you want to get a good laugh you should check out the three videos my mom and her sisters made- you can check it out here. My mom and her sisters are a crack up. My favorite one is the third video but you have to watch the first two, to get it.

Today I am officially twenty-five and what a great way for it to start- feeling one hundred percent loved and so thankful to have so many great friends. No matter how far apart I am from everyone I adore, I have really felt loved and they have touched my heart. Thank you to each one of you who have taken the time to make me feel so special on this day. I love you all!

2 comments:

Shane said...

Happy Birthday Daughter!! We love & miss you! And just for the record - I only had the thought for the blog, Ashly set it up and let everyone know....She did an amazing job!

Debbie McPike Widick said...

Hey Katie, We love you and miss you, but your having such a great experience. Have the happiest 25th birthday ever.... :-)
Love you.