Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ingenious

When I was a kid, everyday after school I would race home to watch repeat episodes of "Saved by the Bell." I loved this show! I clearly remember only one commercial from this time and it was a commercial for Viper Car Alarms. A lady would leave her car and a sketch burglar would be walking up to a car and as he was pulling out his crow bar to bust open the car a viper snake would come hissing out to scare the burglar away. I know I would go running in the opposite direction. The Viper succeeded in keeping away any car thiefs. You can see this commercial by clicking HERE. Be sure to select the option for the Viper commercial.

Flash forward 9 years and I landed my first real job as a credit associate at Directed Electronics where we actually manufactured and sold VIPER CAR ALARMS! I always found it hilarious that I worked for the one commercial that I clearly remember while watching my afternoon dose of Zach Morris.

While working at Directed I learned about a resourceful idea of a remote start car alarm. The idea that you could start your car from over 2 miles away. I am blogging today of how Ingenious the idea is to have a remote start car alarm and why you too should have one.

When I lived in BEAUTIFUL, WARM, SUNNY, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA I did not realize how important this device really was. I would at times joke that the greatest need for a remote start in So. Cal was to cool off your car. I will now admit I am the one being laughed at. I believed in our products but was naive to the need in my own life. Every morning I walk out to my car, and this is what I come to find:

I must then turn on my car, blast the defrosters and then proceed to pull out my ice scraper. Yes! I Katie Hickey own an Ice Scraper. Just let that idea sink in for a little bit...

I tell people (well those who speak English) all the time about the Ingeniousness of the remote start. I think of DEI every time I pull out my ice scraper. And I am here to tell you that if you live in a cold location you NEED to own one of these devices. It is not what I would consider a "luxury." No, no, no it is much more than that it is what I would consider a necessity. Just dream of a life where you can enter your car and it would be warm. A car where you would no longer need to keep a spare pair of gloves because your steering wheel is freezing cold. A car where your windows were defrosted when you walked up to leave for the morning and you could smile knowing that your ice scraper has been laid to rest. Just think of all the beauty, freedom, and joy this could ad to your life. To experience this freedom click here.

You could then no longer have to look like this:


And maybe... just maybe... you could feel they way everyone gets to feel everyday in Southern California when they walk out to their automatically defrosted warm cars.

Just imagine all the possibilities!

6 comments:

Emily Catherine said...

I have that installed on my car, but I have no idea how to use it. haha, another example of how in southern california, it really doesn't have much use other than to freak out a person who happens to be standing near your car while you're halfway across the parking lot.

Disney let us know that they will be paying for us to bring 3 bags. I think the airline allows 2, so Disney is covering the cost of a third. They also sent a list of things they do not supply in our apartments that may be desired. The only thing on that list I can imagine needing before having time to go get it would be a towel for a shower. Otherwise it's stuff like coffee machine, mugs, iron, sponges, etc.

Y'know what? I'm going to fwd you my information packet they sent me. That way, you can get a really good idea of what I'll be doing, kind of what my life will be like. I feel so blessed to have you be a part of this big adventure. It is such a comfort knowing I have someone as awesome as you to help me out.

Shane said...

you are too funny daughter!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I cannot believe you actually need a remote start. We should send you a pink Viper so you can show it off in France (yeah, as if I could). I am definitely forwarding this to Rich...its really funny.

Anonymous said...

I'm posting a comment because I just realized that you can do this!! yay yay yay!!!

xoxoxox
Brigitte

nikirae18 said...

you crack me up! i love reading your stories but I must admit, hearing aboutthem in person was the best!!

nikirae18 said...

you crack me up! i love reading your stories but I must admit, hearing aboutthem in person was the best!!