Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Perfect Sunday

The Spring is arriving in Paris. And I couldn't be more excited. The last three days have been absolutely beautiful and I have immensely enjoyed basking in the Sun. I actually even went running twice yesterday once in the morning and again at night just to have more time in the sunshine! It is wonderful. Sunday was the first great day of sunshine and it also happens to be the day of my local market. I thought it would be a good day to go out and take pictures of my town and be out in the city all day. I have posted some pictures of the days excursions.

First I went to my local Market where outside there are many vendors who sell cheap purses, shoes, and anything else you would find at a local bazaar. Then there is a building similar to what you would find in DC at the Eastern Market if you are familiar with that area. Inside this building is where you buy local meat, produce, cheese and breads. It was loud, a large variety of smells, and inviting to come and explore. I was able to buy a weeks worth of- apples, oranges, bananas, zucchini, and carrots for 3 Euros! I was so excited, I couldn't believe the deal I was getting.
Inside the Market.
This is the cheese lady selling to a French man.

After making my purchases I walked up to take a picture of the river and the road that leads from the Market back to my apartment. I love the look of this street and on Sunday I was able to stop and look around a few of the cute shops. One had cute items for your home, and another was all for sewing; with lots of buttons, string, and fabrics.
This is the view of the Seine River from a bridge.

My cute little road.

Then after a morning in my town- I quickly decided a beautiful day is not to be wasted inside. I headed straight for Paris convinced it was a perfect day to see the Eiffel Tower. It was indeed. The sky could not be any more blue and the sun could not shine any brighter. It was a day where people were putting down the tops to their convertibles, people were running in the open park, and heavy coats were not necessary to wear for the first time in months. It was bliss!
My first picture in front of the Eiffel Tower.

Down the street from the Eiffel tower there is a road that has many cafe's and great shops where many upper class Parisians go to buy their food. On this road their is a store called Oliver's. This store sells the most amazing Olive Oil's. Rachel Ray would not be able to contain her EVOO's in here. They had many different flavors and you could try them all. They would pair them for you with their Balsamic Vinegars. Their Balsamics were even better. Some were aged 30 years, which made them like a syrup. They were sweet and exquisite. I did buy one of the Oil's- it is a lemon infused flavor. I am very excited to use it- but I am sure I will be back to buy more from their variety of options which include: Lime, Mandarin, Basil, Red Chili Pepper, Mint and Black Truffle.



After drinking Oil- it was time for some real food. We had lunch in a local cafe where everyone was sitting outside and basking in the sun. After church we went and pick up my new couch! I was so excited to have a couch guests can now sleep on! What a relief- especially since I have someone coming in two weeks. Then we headed for church. This was the first Sunday that after church it was still light out! I love that they days are getting longer. I love that the days are getting warmer. I love that the trees are starting to turn into colors of life. I love that Spring is starting to come to Paris! It's about time!

3 comments:

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I may be taking your blog off my blog roll, because sitting here, at Directed, in Vista, this blog just depresses the crap out of me.


But just so you know, its also sunny in vista and we went for lunch at Subway and also, we sat outside in the piazza (aka parking lot) and soaked it up. So, I'm pretty sure we're even.

Katie said...

haha Lindsay! You are hilarious. Yes I think your continual warm weather makes us even! And next time if you have lunch at Rubio's I would say you had me beat.

Anonymous said...

That picture of you in front of the Eiffel Tower is gorgeous! You look amazing and the tower almost looks fake - great photo op my friend :)