Monday, March 2, 2009

The Best

I have to officially state that I have the Best Mom Ever! Now I know that everyone usually thinks they have the best mom ever. But I really do! While I am here living in Paris, my mom is my extention to my life in the lovely San Diego. She checks my mail, goes to the bank for me, and run errands that I need done but can't do because I no longer live in the country (small detail).
Last week I sent a box to her house of goodies to be distributed to different people, Souviners, birthday gifts, and such. I am so thankful for the time she takes out of her schedule to pass out gifts I have gotten for OTHER people. (note I did send her chocolates too!) Then today as I walked into my office sitting on my chair was a BIG box with my moms hand writing all over it! Whoo Hoo a care package!
Now I knew I would be receiving a box with a GPS system so I would no longer have to drive blind in Europe but I did not expect to find the wonders that filled this box.
My mom sent me many of my favorite things from home that are not available here in Paris, IE: popcorn, fiber one bars, and canned soup. She also sent me a pair of shoes and a purse I left behind. Along with measuring cups and spoons because measurements here are not the same as our American cup, 1/2 cup, tablespoon standard. Then there are magazines and mail. She took so much time to think of small special things to put in this box and each new item I unloaded was more excited than the one before.
So now I am sitting here with a big smile on my face, tossing Mike N' Ikes into my mouth thanks to my mom and thinking of how much I am loved and how thankful to have my mom as My Mom!

4 comments:

Jennifer Strickland said...

I'm so proud of you Katie. You are right -- she is awesome! I love you so much. Jen

Shane said...

Thank you sweetie - I love you! mom
glad you liked the box :)

Tracy McPike said...

You're right Katie, your moms the "best"...I hope to like her one day!! Very proud of you, you too are amazing!!! I Love you! Aunt Tracy

Debbie McPike Widick said...

That's very sweet. I hope my kid's think that way too.