Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Superstars!

So I have been incredibly blessed these past few weeks and I would like to share with you the Superstars of my life.

1. My mom for obvious reasons and see post below. I just needed to state again how amazing she really is and how much I appreciate all that she does for me.

2. Gwyn. Gwyn is a 74 year old lady who is pretty much AMAZING. When I first arrived to Paris and had no place of my own she took me under her wing and helped me get my feet on the ground, she gave me lots of tips, and tons of things to get my apartment setup. She has so much wisdom and is basically the answer to everyone on of my moms prayers over the last year. She lets me use her GPS system, she has fed me, when I broke my car last week she took me to go get the gas, when I locked us out of my apartment last week (that is a whole other story...) she stood with me and had a good laugh at the whole situation. She has 5 children of her own, a bunch of grandchildren and a handful of grandchildren. I am amazed by this woman! I am so thankful to her and all that she has helped me with since I have arrived to Paris.

3. Tiffany and Marla: Tiffany and Marla are two girls who are a bit younger than everyone in the office, but still older than I. They have helped me make my apartment actually livable. They took me to their church to meet people and get friends while I am here in Paris. Tiffany took me to Ikea and sat with me for 7 hours while I picked out my kitchen, mostly by her direction and knowledge. Once I had assembled my kitchen cabinets and cupboards I had to go to Turkey for two weeks. When I returned to my apartment, these two amazing women had hung my cabinets and placed my cupboards, and put on the counters! It was amazing! And I could honestly tell you that if it weren't for them, they would probably still be sitting in my living room area.

What makes Tiffany, Marla, and Gwyn all the more amazing is how much they blessed me last night. I have been without a fridge for the two months I have been here. It hasn't been that bad because I am mostly on the go, I stayed with Gwyn for most of that time, and I just hadn't yet found anything in my budget. Yesterday Tiffany and Marla took me to a second hand store where I was able to buy a great fridge! They then came back to the office with me to get the moving van, picked up the fridge and helped transport it back to my apartment.

Once we arrived they helped fix all the mishaps I had done to my own kitchen. These occured from what I tried to install without their supervision. I am so thankful I wasn't born to be a carpenter, and you should be too! Marla switched the sides that my fridge doors will open, Tiffany got my cupboards to actually shut because after I hung the doors they wouldn't completely close. Then the wonderful Gwyn came to my apartment with three large bags of food to help stock up my kitchen! I cannot begin to express how overwhelmed I have been with the generosity and kindness of these three people! They are simply amazing and I hope to one day return my gratitude to them and pass it along to others around me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im glad you have been blessed! what they did for you when you were in Turkey was what you would always do for me during my stressful days as RA! its pretty amazing and you are part of that amazingness in my life.

p.s. i cant wait to meet gweyn!

ash