Monday, April 13, 2009

All gone

My Guests are gone, the French are gone and I am leaving too!

It seems as though everyone is fleeing Paris for the week. Seriously this weekend in Paris was like ghost city. All the streets were packed with tourists but the streets were empty of cars- instead they were all filled on the highways headed out of town.
Early Saturday morning my firsts guests left town. After dropping them off, I ran some errands, cleaned my apartment- and finally painted my Paris memory board. I have been very excited about this project. I bought the plain board a while ago but have been needing to paint it. I am proud to announce it’s finally completed. I am going to hang this on one of my walls and then use it as a memory board for the time I am here in Paris.



The French all take a week off for the equivalent of Spring break. Essentially when the kids get a week off of school, the parents take off too. I love the fact that the French get 5 weeks of vacation a year. That is incredible!

Today I am leaving Paris to go to Nouan-le-Fuzelier- I have no idea where Nouan-le-Fuzelier actually is. I do know that it is in France and about two hours away but that’s all I know. My whole office is going for a staff retreat- most people working here travel up to 18 days a month so this is meant to be a time of connecting and alligning vision. I will actually be working the retreat. There are a few things I have helped with but the task assigned to me was planning events in the evenings- basically planning fun nights- I can totally handle that.
Marshmallow dodgeball anyone ?



This morning in attempts to get everything together- the games, pack my bags, materials, and send out packages needed to get to the U.S. I was an utter mess. Literally- For breakfast I had a opening face toasted PB&J sandwich. One of my favorites but I rarely have one- so I stopped in the morning to enjoy this treat before the retreat. Well unbeknownst to me- that PB&J sand seemed to make a larger appearance on my Tee-shirt than actually in my mouth. While driving around looking for a post office – I noticed there was something sticky on my necklace- like any normal person I tasted the sticky substance to figure out what it was. I quickly recognized the taste as that similar to my breakfast. I then looked down at my shirt to see PB&J all smeared across my tee-shirt.

What a complete DISASTER! I seriously looked like a two year old who just ate their first sandwich! Thankfully I was wearing a longsleeved shirt underneath my tee-shirt to help me recover from this utter stupidity. I am still not quite sure how this happened... but I do know that I am so ready to take a nap.

3 comments:

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I want spring break....even a working one. two weeks off per year is stupid!

Have a great time.

Debbie McPike Widick said...

How do we know this is really your own art work and something not stolen off the internet? Huh!!!!

Anonymous said...

we need a new blog!

ash