Friday, April 24, 2009

Dream Big

I like to dream big. I love to live life to the fullest and my imagination takes off on all the possibilities that are out there for the taking. Many Ideas come and go into my mind daily of great things to do, many of them fade but when one sticks it’s hard for me to ever get it out of my head until it becomes a reality. It usually starts with a small idea in my head and then suddenly something in my mind clicks and I just go off and running with the idea.

One area this has taken place is in the love life of one of my nearest and dearest friends. I have one friend who I have adopted into a fantasy life of hooking her up with all these different great guys I meet. For the most part, there are two boys I have always dreamed of setting her up with. Her logical question always to me is- “Katie, if all of these guys are so great, then why aren’t you going after them.” Great question. But that is completely beside the point. I just know that she would be so happy and perfect for these two different boys, that I flip flop back and forth between having her date, to eventually live in a Disney happily ever after story, with these two different boys.

The first boy I ever thought she would be perfect for was someone I had met for only a few brief moments but I then knew magic would take place if the two ever met. They have now met, but I am still waiting for the magic to take place. I have great hopes in this.

The second boy- I met, got to know- thought for a moment about myself, then remembered the whole Paris thing, and then like a flash of genius decided he would be best fit, for my best girl. To no avail they have not yet met, and as it turns out, most likely never will. I don’t keep in touch with him over the Atlantic and to boot- I have come to learn, he now has a real girl. Not the virtual one I have made match perfectly for him in my head.

I emailed my friend about the devastation I felt over this. I had built up in my head all the reasons they would be so perfect for each other. I seriously felt a great sadness for my friend, as if she had been dumped without her ever being in the actual relationship. I can just remember so many days filled with hope of her and him and the prospect of days of happiness together.

Lucky for her (or me…) Option one- the original dream is still single and available. My dreams are not completely crushed and I can keep dreaming big. She says this is not an option. I say- just wait!

Now I know my friend is going to KILL me once she reads this- but I just couldn’t help myself- Like I said once a great idea gets planted in my head I just go with it and see what comes from it. Maybe dream boy number one will all come to fruition all because of my simple blog. Haha I doubt it- (not doubt it will happen- but doubt it will be a result of my blog)

So friend of mine, whose jaw is probably on the floor from reading this and cracking up at the craziness you think I am- I love you and don’t worry I’ll keep dreaming up a great love life for the both of us until it becomes a reality.

Oh and you know... There is one way to get me to stop?
Make it happen!

2 comments:

Shane said...

What I love most about this blog - is that I actually know who you are talking about!!! :)
my lips are sealed!

Brigitte said...

OOOh I know too!!! ha ha ha this one was great!!!