Tuesday, April 7, 2009

T&M save the day... Again!

BEFORE


It's amazing how much a fresh clean shower can make everything better! After my devastation yesterday of not having hot water with guests visiting, I found myself in a rut. I am very fortunate though that cleanliness is something everyone understands and appreciates. Through out the day, I was presented with simpathetic head tilts, followed by offerings to use their shower from everyone in my office.

Rather than taking a bone chilling, teeth clattering, body shivering cold shower, I decided I would accept one of the invitations to use the shower at someone else’s apartment. Last night my two guests and I trekked our shower kits, towles, and PJ's over to Tiffany and Marla’s apartment. Each one of us was able to be refreshed with the stress relieving down pour of warm water, gauged to our individual preference. Steamed mirrors never looked so good. It was glorious.

After our revitalizing showers, we were headed back to my apartment, when Tiffany and Marla offered to follow us, and attempt to fix my water heater. While Celeste, Vanessa, and I had a late night cheese, bread, and wine dinner party; Tiffany and Marla broke out the tools and started working on fixing my water issues. While I was sampling the Tom cheese the most glorious words poured out of Tiffany’s mouth- “I think we fixed it!” I couldn't’t decide what was better, the cheese or the thought that they actually solved my problem.

DURING


This morning while washing my hands the hot water kicked in! I am excited. Tiffany and Marla once again saved the day! I told them, "that if it were not for them I would be a poor girl living in an apartment with no kitchen cabinets hung, no couch to sit on, and cold water to boot." I am utterly helpless without their assistance. As an offer of thanks for them once again saving the day, I had their favorite box of cookies saved at my apartment "just in case" a situation would arise. I was able to send them off with their favorite box of goodies, as a small portion of gratitude.

The pathetic part was the doom and gloom I felt yesterday over the hot water issue. I am so foolish. I should know that the Lord always provides for me and takes care of me. I mean seriously, I made it through the chaos of the VISA dilemmas last week, why would I ever give up hope when my hot water goes out. Lesson learned. Either way… I cannot wait to immerse myself in my own hot shower tonight! It’s going to be great!

AFTER

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Thank GOD for those wonderful people you work with to help you! It's so great to hear that there are actually still decent people in this world :)

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I totally know that picture was just for me. Next time you come home for 24 hours, you better be bringing me some French cheese!!!